The Sherriff Centre (we/our/us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is The Sherriff Centre.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide via our website thesherriffcentre.co.uk (our site).
- Information provided at the time of requesting or subscribing to our services or when you report a problem with our site.
- Information provided when you contact us.
- Information relating to any transaction carried out between us, including information relating to any purchases you make of our services or contracts entered into between us.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to, for example:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests; and recognise you when you return to our site.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
Where we store your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area who work for us. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of the services you have requested and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
Use of your information for marketing purposes
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes and give you the opportunity to object to such use. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not without your prior consent provide your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Sherriff Centre or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Links to and from our site
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to your information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.